A Collaborative Relationship
No matter why you are looking to meet with a financial adviser, you should take the time to find one that will work best for you. FA’s are used to potential clients taking multiple meetings because they understand the importance of a strong relationship.
Working with a financial adviser should be a collaborative experience. You bring to the table the details of your financial life, as well as what your goals are. The adviser works to get to the heart of your ambitions and uses their expertise to align your finances with them.
It is therefore of the utmost importance that you feel comfortable and confident with the financial adviser you choose to work with.
To help you be prepared with the information you need in order to make that decision, we have designed a guide that will cover:
- What a financial adviser is
- The reasons you might need one
- The purpose of a financial adviser
- Regulation and authority
- Restricted vs Independent advisers
- How advisers work
- What to do if things go wrong
- Questions to ask a prospective financial adviser and why to ask them